Joe Walsh Barnstorm Rock Music CD Review

Joe Walsh Barnstorm Rock Music CD Review

Not sure what's happening with me on this one, but it seems like the more I listen to it, the better Barnstorm gets. Barnstorm simply stated is one of Joe Walsh's best CDs to date.

I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Barnstorm. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Barnstorm is a nicely varied, mix of 10 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly superb artist. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are him own personal experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard.

Listen to this CD and I believe you'll find there's not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and Joe Walsh is clearly in top form. So much so that if you're even mildly into Rock music you'll enjoy this album.

While the entire album is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2 - Midnight Visitor, track 8 - Ill Tell The World, and track 10 - Comin' Down

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Here We Go. What a nice track!

Barnstorm Release Notes:

Joe Walsh originally released Barnstorm on November 13, 2006 on the Hip-O Select label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Here We Go

2. Midnight Visitor

3. One And One

4. Giant Bohemoth

5. Mother Says

6. Birdcall Morning

7. Home

8. Ill Tell The World

9. Turn To Stone

10. Comin' Down

Personnel: Joe Walsh (vocals, guitars, keyboards, telegraph key, ARP), Kenny Passarelli (bass, vocals, guitaroue), Joe Vitale (drums, percussion, vocals, keyboards, flute).

Additional personnel: Al Perkins (pedal steel guitar), Paul Harris (piano on "Midnight Visitor"), Chuck Rainey (bass on "Home").

Recorded at Caribou Ranch, Nederland, Colorado and the Record Plant, Los Angeles.


Pedal For Keyboards - Joe Walsh Barnstorm Rock Music CD Review
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment